Recipe: No Bake Protein Bars
- 4 tbsp almonds (4 tbsp = 50g)
- 4 tbsp hazelnuts (4 tbsp = 50g)
- ⅔ cup porridge oats
- 4 tbsp pumpkin seeds (4 tbsp = 50g)
- 1-2 tbsp maple syrup (or honey, if that’s fine for you)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 shot freshly brewed espresso (any strong coffee will work)
- 6 apricots, dried (6 dried apricots = 50g)
- 1.8 oz dark chocolate
- ½ cup flax seeds, ground
- salt to taste
- ½ cup your favorite protein powder instead of the flax seeds.
- Add the nuts, oats and seeds and toast on a low heat for four or five minutes – until golden brown. Optional: blend the mix roughly with a food processor or blender. It will make the bars better stick together.
- Pour in the maple syrup, olive oil and coffee and stir for a couple of minutes.
- Finely chop the apricots and dark chocolate. Add both together with the flax seeds (or protein powder). Keep stirring until it’s all mixed evenly.
- Line a tray with cling film or foil and pour in the mixture. Press it down firmly with a spoon or spatula – this will ensure the bar stays together properly.
- Chill for a minimum of four hours in the fridge, chop into equal sizes and take one whenever you want!