Angel Hair Pasta w/ Fresh Roasted Marinara Sauce
What runner or endurance athlete does not LOVE a great pasta dish! This simple, clean and vegetarian pasta dish will satisfy your carb craving and give you the fuel to keep logging mileage! This tasty meal has about 327 Calories, 64 grams of carbohydrates, 13 grams of protein and 2 grams of fats.
- 8 ounces angel hair pasta, dry
- 1/2 onion, peeled and quartered
- 1 clove garlic, cut in half
- 1/2 red or green bell pepper, cored
- 1/4 cup fresh basil
- 4 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and set aside in colander until ready to serve.
- Meanwhile, preheat your oven broiler.
- Place tomatoes, onion, garlic, and bell pepper, skin side up, on a flat cookie tray.
- Roast under the broiler until skins turn very brown and blister, about 10 minutes. Place all vegetables into your food processor or blender. Add fresh basil and purée until smooth.
- Reheat sauce and serve over cooked angel hair pasta.
- Sprinkle 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese and fresh cracked black pepper over the top of each portion.