Our members come from all walks of life and are of all strides. Our Member Spotlight is one way to get to know your fellow runners.
This month’s Member Spotlight is on Lucas Davis:
- Background (Age, Gender, Birthplace, and Running Experience): 25, Male, grew up in Needham, Massachusetts, I started running about three years ago, and did my first marathon in the Fall of 2017 (Marine Corps Marathon), from there I’ve done 4 Marathons, 3 Half Marathons, and 2 Half Ironmans
- What is your formula? What are the common classes or recovery elements this member does/uses? My favorite class is the tread and train class because I like to have some time to work on strength training to prevent injury (I’m not always good at doing strength training on my own!) I also really like the compression sleeves (Normatec), I have my own pair and use it 4 or 5 times a week and it really has helped with recovery and continuing to do longer workouts as I train for my Ironman
- Why did you start running? Both my parents are big runners and so after graduating college I decided I wanted to run my first marathon, after doing my first marathon I really enjoyed challenging myself and continuing to try and get faster and beat my time, I also wanted to start training for my first Ironman and so have been building up my endurance over the past couple of years. I plan on doing my first Ironman with my dad who has been doing Ironman races for years
- Favorite quote? “Great moments are born from great opportunity” from the Miracle on Ice Movie (1980 Winter Olympics)
- What are your hobbies? Outside of running/triathlons, I have played ice hockey all my life. I started playing hockey when I was four years old and played through high school and played on the club team at University of Maryland, after I graduated college I have been playing every once in a while in a mens league in Arlington.
- What is your pre-race ritual (meal, sleep, general preparation, etc.)? Post-race?Why did you join FRC? My pre-race ritual is usually eating a big pasta meal the night before, and then morning of I usually have a bagel, bulletproof coffee, and a banana an hour or two before the race, I joined FRC to work on my strength training as it relates to running, and workout with a community of people who are focused on running and enjoy running as much as I do.
- What is your PR in your favorite distance? 3:28:10 in the Chicago Marathon last year.
- Do you have a favorite class/service: Favorite class is T&T (Tread & Train)
- Do you have any races lined up in 2020? Goals for 2020? My main goal is Ironman Lake Placid in July (where the 1980 olympics were held from the quote above!). (** Lucas was signed up the Rock N Roll Half Marathon and Cherry Blossom 10 Miler) and is planning to race the Marine Corps Historic Half Marathon, Ironman 70.3 CT, and the Marine Corps Marathon.
- What has been your favorite part of being a member at FRC? I really enjoy the people at FRC and the connections I’ve made since I joined as a member, I like being around other people who love running and who push each other every day and have fun doing it too! I’ve also really enjoyed being able to workout with Ali a few times a week and seeing her and other members continue to improve their running and reach their goals.
If you or someone you know would like to be featured in our Member Spotlight, please email i[email protected].