Photo Credit Kodiak Cakes
Peanut Butter Chocolate Muffins
Total Time: 25 min | Prep: 10 min | Cook: 15 min
We LOVE peanut butter and are getting prepared for National Peanut Butter Day (Friday January 24th for those of you keeping track) by taking one of our favorite recipes and adding a bit more peanut butter power. We altered the Kodiak Cakes Double Dark Chocolate Muffin mix recipe which you can find on the box here. At about 250 Calories, 45 grams of carbohydrates, 15 grams of protein and 4 grams of fats, you can add a spoonful of your favorite nut butter on top of the chocolate Kodiak Cake Double Dark Chocolate Muffins for more of your favorite nutty flavor!
- 1 Box Kodiak Cakes Double Dark Chocolate Muffin mix
- 2 Eggs (or egg substitute)
- 1 Cup Milk
- 4 Tablespoons of peanut butter (or vanilla almond butter)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Combine ingredients in a mixing bowl except oil as specified in the box recipe. Instead add 4 tablespoons of peanut butter or peanut butter’s cousin, vanilla almond butter. Hand stir until blended.
- Coat muffin pan with non-stick spray, butter or coconut oil.
- Divide batter among cups in muffin pan.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes for large muffins and for 10 to 12 for mini muffins or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool completely before removing from the pan.