Peanut Butter Oatmeal
Total Time: 10 min | Prep: 5 min | Cook: 5 min
Does peanut butter belong in everything? We’re taking our efforts to find out on National Peanut Butter Day (Friday January 24th)! We combined a simple favorite for many runners with our beloved peanut butter. This recipe would be a good pre-training food to have an hour or so before a run or other exercise. This recipe adds an ounce of protein and some fats to balance out this whole grain carb based meal. Too much peanut butter for your taste? Scale back to one tablespoon and you have a hearty snack of about 250 Calories, 30 grams of carbohydrates, 8 grams of protein and 10 grams of fat.
- 1 Cup of oats
- 2 Cups of water
- 2 Tablespoons of peanut butter
- On stove top, boil water.
- Stir in oats.
- Cook about 5 minutes over medium heat; stir occasionally.
- Remove from heat and place in bowl.
- Add 2 tablespoons of peanut butter to a cup of cooked oatmeal.