Recipe: Sweet Potato Burritos
- Pre-heat the oven to 200°C/400°F
- Slice the sweet potatoes in half and roast them in the oven until tender (about 45 mins).
- Finely slice the onion and chop the garlic.
- Heat up a pan and add the olive oil and onion.
- Cook for 3 minutes then add the garlic.
- Fry for another minute or so then add the tomatoes and leave to simmer on a low-medium heat for 10 minutes. Add the cumin, paprika, salt, pepper and oregano about halfway through.
- Drain and rinse the black beans and add to pan, simmering for another ten minutes.
- Peel, de-stone and thinly slice the avocado.
- The sweet potatoes should be ready now too – it’s time to make our burritos!
- Scoop out the sweet potato “mash” from their peels, take out a wrap, layer some of the potato and spread with a fork.
- Add the tomato/bean mix and avocado slices down the middle of the burrito.
- Now garnish with avocado slices, sour cream, lime juice and cilantro.
- Roll, and cook in a large pan for a 30 secs – 1 minute on each side. Tip for families: use the oven instead. Place the burrito in the oven for 3-5 minutes on 200°C/400°F.
- Repeat with each burrito.
- When they’re done, you’re done!